Sweet Potato & Sausage Breakfast Casserole

I am a big fan of breakfast casseroles. Maybe it's only having the one pan to clean? Maybe it's everything I love about breakfasts in one bite? I'm not sure but this is a favorite! Plus I love that it was full of vegetables but my kids still ate it!

Ingredients:
  • 1 sweet potato, diced (I liked smaller better)
  • 1 medium zucchini, diced
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 lb sausage
  • 3 mini sweet peppers
  • 8 eggs
  • 1/2 c almond milk
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • dash of salt and pepper

Instructions:

  1. Cook sweet potatoes in oil until they start to soften.
  2. Add the zucchini and pepper and cook until all are softened.
  3. Preheat oven to 350.
  4. Spread vegetable mixture onto bottom of 9x13 baking dish.
  5. Cook sausage in the same pan the vegetables were in.
  6. When done, spread onto the sweet potato mixture and mix/spread around the pan.
  7. Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in medium bowl.
  8. Pour evenly over sausage mixture, stir to combine if needed.
  9. Bake for 40 minutes, or until eggs are cooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment