March

Nate and I ran a 10k with Heaton and Laila the beginning of March. It was chilly and I wasn't as prepared as I'd hoped. The course was poorly marked so Nate missed a turn and didn't make it the full 6.2 miles. Heaton ran with me the whole way. And Laila smoked all of us since Nate DQ'd ;)

After the race I went to an event hosted by a family friend. The event was about positive thinking and daily habits. It was insightful. I even won a prize which was neat! I don't consider myself lucky but I do feel like this started a nice streak for me :)

We went all out and got to work painting the entire downstairs. My dad and Heaton came and helped one night and we finally felt like we made some progress.

The beginning of March things got real crazy because of COVID-19, coronavirus. A word we know all to well and it only brings up anxiety and negative emotions. First, school got cancelled, then church, then we were asked to shelter in place for 14 days, then we had to cancel our trip to Tucson that was planned for spring break, then Nate had to start working from home, then the state shut down, then masks...what a crazy time to be alive! So we killed some time by writing letters to people we love!


We had some nice days so the boys and I went out to Jump Creek with Opa, Katie, and the boys.



We also went on many nature walks around the ponds to collect rocks for painting, sticks, and leaves. These took a while because Mr. Independent wouldn't stay in the stroller.


Nate turned 35 on the 22nd! I made him a big breakfast and then we had family over for cake later on. I even made his favorite, ugly duckling cake (not my favorite). I must love him.


Nate cut his hair into a mohawk since he'd be teleworking and knew he wouldn't be seeing anyone for a while. Kade thought it was awesome and asked for one too.


Lastly, Nate got the boys model rockets to launch and they had fun building them and they we all had fun going to the park and launching them and chasing them down!



And more fun that was had.







No comments:

Post a Comment