October

Spencer lost his first tooth in October! I thought it was a fluke at first, that maybe he knocked it against something to make it loose but a few days later it fell out. He was pretty funny and wouldn't stick it under his pillow for the tooth fairy "until moms baby popped out" (which still hasn't happened as I write this in April...)


Nate and I celebrated 6 years of marriage! Hard to believe we've only been married 6 years and at the same time it feels like forever that we've had to put up with each other ;) I feel very lucky to have found someone as hard working and funny as Nate.

The day before our anniversary I was feeling off. I just didn't feel good. The boys and I met Nate for lunch at a Chinese restaurant by his work. When we were almost done I told him I needed to go home so I could lay down. My lower back was killing me and I was starting to feel sick. I drove home hunched forward with back pain. Once home I tried to relax in the bath but I just could not get comfortable. I got the chills and felt like I was going to throw up. I was texting Nate the whole time and he kept asking if he needed to come home. I kept saying no, it would pass (luckily for me he didn't listen and headed home without telling me). I finally called Kristi, my midwife, and told her I was feeling awful and had terrible side and back pain. She told me to head in and drink a bunch of water on the way. As soon as I hung up I finally threw up which helped a little bit. Then I told Nate to come home and take me to the doctor because there was no way I could drive, I could barely move. I was pretty convinced at this point that I was having a miscarriage (I was about 12 weeks). My good friend Jourdan was so sweet and took Spencer so he didn't have to come with us to the doctor.

I drank a TON of water and was actually starting to feel better by the time we got to the office, though I was still pretty miserable. Kristi had other patients so she did a quick ultrasound and said it looked like something was wrong with my ovary so she was going to have another doctor come look since she couldn't stay. The other doctor looked and was like "whoa, you're left ovary is huge! I need the OB to come look at this!" But of course he was busy as well so they told me to go wait in the waiting room. My mom just so happened to call at this point and since we were just sitting and waiting she told Nate to bring her Kade so he didn't have to hang out in the office all afternoon. Dr. Lovelace finally called me back and did his own exam and discovered it was my left kidney they were seeing, not my ovary, thank goodness. But it had a mass on it and he was almost positive based on my symptoms, where the back pain was, and the fact that I was slowly feeling better, that I had had my first experience with a kidney stone. He is such a great guy and did such an in depth look at what was going on, I think he did a 2 hour ultrasound! We were the 2 very last people in the whole office that day. He told me to take tylenol as long as the back pain lingered, which it likely would for a few days (and it did).

Long story short, he made an appointment for me to follow up with a renal doctor about the mass on my kidney, but I also had to follow up with him the morning before. Well when I went to my appointment with him the next week the mass was gone and everything looked great so he wasn't worried and cancelled my appointment. Thankfully, I haven't had anymore issues like that and the baby looked great the whole time!

My dad rented out a hot spring pool in Emmett near the end of October for the grandkids to splash around for a bit. It was pretty fun to watch and of course it wouldn't be a Moeller trip without some puking. Kade lost his dinner about 2 minutes before we got to our destination so I spent most of the time cleaning out the car, clothes, and car seat.

The same evening as swimming was our ward Trunk or Treat. We were the Incredibles this year and at least got one picture before leaving the hot springs for the fun. What do you know, we got almost home and Kade puked again all over his costume so Spencer and I were the only ones that made it, though Nate did bring Kade over after he got them all cleaned up.



Another October favorite is Oma's work trick or treating. It is always a huge crowd and tons of candy. They really go all out there and every department decorates around whatever theme they chose.The kids love it and it's a bit of a workout for the parents but they usually grill hot dogs and its a fun time!




This year Spencer did some real trick or treating around the neighborhood with his buddy Tate and his parents reaped the benefits of his labor. :)

And just some pictures of Kade doing what he does best.



No comments:

Post a Comment