4/16/13

     We got invited over for dinner tonight by another couple in the ward. We had such a great time getting to know them better and playing with their little boy. Let me just tell you that they made the most delicious hamburgers I have ever had in my life. I was asked to bring dessert so I tried making my mom's angel food cake and it did not disappoint (except it didn't look as pretty as hers, frosting it was a bit of a challenge). Anyway, I was really happy with the way it turned out and even happier that everyone enjoyed it and happiest when they asked if they could keep an extra slice to enjoy later on:) You bet! So thank you to the Stewart's for having us over!
     A funny story from the night I wanted to mention though. Eventually the topic of having children came up and because I figured she may have some suggestions on doctors we went ahead and told them I was pregnant (and yes she did have a very good recommendation). She then said "I wondered! I saw you eating a granola bad on Sunday and I thought, she better be pregnant because I hate when people who aren't pregnant eat in church!" It was the funniest thing! And then she just said she doesn't know why it bothers her so much but she doesn't like when people who aren't pregnant eat in church! I thought it was so funny that she had even noticed! I waited till sacrament was over and then tried to just scarf one down really fast before anyone could see, and I was in the very very back, but there was no way I could have made it 3 hours without eating...I can barely make it 20 minutes, it's the worst! So she was happy to know that she didn't have to judge me and we all got a good laugh out of it and hopefully a good doctor as well because she and another lady had great things to say so we will see! Random fact, the wife is from Gainsville, FL (and hte husband from Twin Falls).
     Speaking of Florida, Nate tried to warn my sister about all my pregnancy issues before I leave Monday, but he told me he didn't get through all of them so Katie, here's what you're in for:
- I need a bathroom break at least every hour.
- I don't do well in the car for long amounts of time, it makes me nauseous (oops...).
- I have to eat something about every half hour (I'm bringing lots of snacks).
- I feel the crappiest in the morning when I first wake up and eat.
- I eat enough for at least 3 people.
- I am very sensitive to smells, they make me nauseous.
- I have very bad insomnia and get an average of 5 hours of sleep a night so I can be grouchy.
- I like to sit down a lot.
and...that all I can think of right now. It sounds like you're going to have 3 kids for the week:) But I'm hoping the sunshine and being active will help with most of these and I will do the best I can! It might be a loooong week but I can't wait.
     Oh, and today I officially had my first pregnancy puke. And I could have done without it.


   And one last thing. Nate ate the remaining strawberry whipped cream frosting on a piece of toast...what??

No comments:

Post a Comment