September

September started with the Boise Balloon Classic bright and early! I love this tradition. We ran into some extended family, Brandon and Tangi, they were part of the Star Wars crew (he was one of the storm troopers). And then I even ran into my friend Melissa from high school! It was so fun to chat with her, meet her not-so-new baby, AND we learned her daughter even loves dinosaurs!


Don't you think Nate is rocking the baby carrier??



We made a trip to the zoo with our BFFs and thankfully their moms are really good at taking pictures!



My mom and I decided to join my sister last minute and do a triathlon. Even though I was the slowest of the 3 of us, I won for my age group! Haha. And for 10 weeks postpartum I was pleased with how I did. The biking was significantly harder than I was prepared for and I wouldn't recommend a 1 speed.




We hiked up to Table Rock with my dad and Kade did  awesome for his first time in the ergo, sleeping most of the way. Spencer also did awesome and hiked the whole way up and down by himself. When we got to the top her yelled, "I can see everything from us here, even the ocean!" We didn't have the heart to tell him it wasn't the ocean after he worked so hard to get there.





Near the end of the month we ran in the YMCAs Race for Steaks. Nate did the 15k and me, my sister, and brother in law did the 5k. It was my favorite run to date and mostly because they fed us a catered steak dinner at the end, and a little because I beat my brother in law;). There was also a kids race before the adult race so Spence ran with his cousins and it was pretty darn cute!
Nate choked on the steak which was for sure my least favorite part.



Not my most flattering pic, but proof I did it

Allison and Dallin came to visit to keep up with their every-two-week visit. They actually came to run a race but it was fun seeing so much of them this summer! They both did awesome and it was fun to go cheer them on with their kids! Allison actually won the half marathon which was fun to be there for! And Dallin got (I think) 9th in the marathon (they're nuts)!

Afterward we stopped at my parents to let the runners cool off in the pool. And even though we forgot the kids' swimsuits it didn;t stop them!

Nate entertaining the big kids 
(I can't fine my pic of the babies in the stroller)


who needs swimsuits?!

me and Lizzy twinning!

Nate and I were also video interviewed by one of the cute youth from our ward in PA, though I guess she's not a youth anymore, she's a young adult at BYU-I! She interviewed us about our relationship for a class and it was so fun to see her and her brother, and I hope we gave her some good material but I'm not positive we did that .;)

no pix of this, so here's one of his first baby smiles

Funny things Spencer said in September (at least the one I remembered to write down):
September 7: Spencer at the dinner table: mmmm, this is good! Thanks for making dinner, Linds!

the big 2 month old, sneezing during his photo shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment