1 year!


     We made it a full year! What a crazy, fun, adventurous, sometimes long, amazing year it has been! In his first year Spencer made it to Niagra Falls, Palmyra, and Nauvoo. He had his first experiences camping in a tent and in a yurt, swimming, and road tripping. He has already been to 12 states Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, and Idaho. He has done a lot in his first year so I thought a little celebration was rightfully in order!
     I started planning and creating in August because I knew it would take 3 months to do everything I wanted, and I was right. I made him a "1" onesie to wear on his actual birthday, a pennant banner, a cut out number 1 with pictures from his first year, a table runner, and of course the cake!
     We had his cousins over and sang happy birthday and ate cake and I'd say it was a good birthday! However, since then his 5 days of being 1 have been really hard. At his 12 month check up they had to prick his toe, he got 4 shots, and the doctor ripped some tender skin apart. The next day while at a friends he touched the fireplace and burned the pads of all 4 fingers. He also got knocked over by the dog a few times and slipped in the shower. It's been a rough start but here's hoping for a great 2nd year! We love our one year old! (it's still weird to say that, I can't believe I have a 1 year old!)

No comments:

Post a Comment