Family Motto.

     One of our favorite families from our ward in PA introduced us to the concept of a family motto. I LOVED the idea and what it stood for and so for the past few months I've been perfecting what I wanted ours to be and finally think I came up with a winner that I would like to somehow display in our house (if we ever get one of those).
     I wanted to do this for a couple of reasons. First, I want my children to know that their family is their biggest supporters and their biggest advocates, I want them to feel safe, to feel loved, and to feel appreciated by all their family members. Second, I think it's a great reminder to us that we are each others biggest supporters and we are in this together, the good and the bad and nothing is more important than family. Third, we have some family that I don't feel we're very close with and I don't want my children to feel that way and I think having a common "goal" that we hear and see repeatedly will keep some of that distance from coming between us. My hope is that we will memorize and repeat it before things like dinner and family prayer.
     So without further ado, the Moeller family motto:
We are a family.
We love each other.
We encourage each other.
We help each other.
We pray for each other.
Our family has the heart of one
and we live in peace and love.
The last line actually was repeated in some of my ancestors families so I liked the idea of including that.

1 comment: