5k

     I ran my first ever 5k on July 26. It was called the Push 5k, push referring to pushing a stroller. I hadn't ran since before Spencer was born and signed up with about 3 weeks to prepare which ended up being just enough time. My goal was to not die and I succeeded! But really my goal was to just run the whole thing, and I did so I was happy with that. The course started at the east edge of Ann Morrison park and ran down the greenbelt to friendship bridge, across the river, down the south side of the greenbelt back toward Ann Morrison, then back across the river winding through Ann Morrison park to the finish. Spence enjoyed his time in the stroller like always and even fell asleep the last half mile. Nate was great support and even better paparazzi!
Spencer showing his support for mom.

at the starting line.

crossing the 2nd bridge.

the finish line!

we did it!

and a big thanks to this big guy for encouraging me and running laps with, I mean around me!

No comments:

Post a Comment