6 month Spencey!

     On May 16, our baby turned 6 months old! I can't believe how fast the time has gone, I swear we just brought him home from the hospital a week ago!
this picture was actually taken in PA so he's not technically 6 months in it, oh well!
     He is such a funny kid and of course we are still enjoying him! He is much more interactive now. He loves to smile at everyone and stick his tongue at them too! He has pretty much mastered sitting up, though he does topple over on occasion. He doesn't like to be laying down or even reclined back, he wants to be sitting so he can chaperon everything that is happening. He is quite talkative and just babbles away when he is content.
     He has started regularly eating solids. He loves all fruit and most vegetables. Not a big fan of jarred meats though and I really can't say I blame him! He also loves ice cream and anything else packed with sugar. He puts EVERYTHING in his mouth regardless of whether or not it is actually edible so we keep close tabs on him these days. He has not started scooting or crawling (on purpose) yet, which I am very grateful for. I can already tell my hands will be full when that time comes!
visiting Grandma Joyce's grave on her birthday 5/25.
     Most unenjoyable about 6 months is that Spencer and I have been sharing a nice case of thrush for the last 2 weeks. That is MISERABLE! We finally both seem to be on the uphill, (I am not crying in pain anymore!) and hopefully we can whip this thing once and for all! It was awful and I don't wish it on anyone. Note to self: never take allergy medicine while breastfeeding again...just suffer through it!
     Spencer is still practicing sleeping in his own bed. He is pretty good about spending the first 3-4 hours in his bed but always ends up in bed with me which means I don't sleep. Somehow I am more sleep deprived now than I was any of the first 6 months. He is a comfort nurser and that is another habit I am ready to nip in the bud!
     He gets cuter and cuter and people are still torn on whether he looks more like his mom or his dad. He is also still pretty bald and looking like he will be a blondie! We love our baby 'Fencer' as his cousins call him!
Uncle Heatie's high school graduation.

1 comment:

  1. since you do Nate-isms, you should tell Nate your Lindsey-ism about what a fake documentary should be called.

    ReplyDelete