Heat's visit- DC day 2.

Thursday March 27

We still needed to see all the monuments in DC and the weather was thankfully much more cooperative this day! Nate decided to ride his bike to work so we could leave earlier and have a full day of sightseeing. We again parked and rode the metro into town.
We started out walking to all the monuments which ended up being about a 5 mile walk and taking longer than anticipated but it was fun. Afterward we tried going to the zoo but it was too cold, none of the animals were out and we were exhausted so we left.
On our way back there was a very long escalator down to the metro stop. And wouldn't you know it but it was out of service with no elevator to be found. The next closest metro was at least another 5 miles from the direction we had just come. What a nightmare that was. I put Spencer in my sling and then ever so slowly with Heaton holding the front of the stroller and me holding the back we bounced down ever. single. escalator. step. I was sweating by the end trying to hold my baby with one hand and a stroller with another while going down a very steep incline. How obnoxious that TWO up escalators were still working just fine??  We even overheard people going up commenting, 'oh my gosh, look at them!' 'take a picture!' And we were not the only ones with issues, there was an older couple slowly making there way down as well. I am just glad we only had to do that once. I'd be fine to never have that experience again.
the White House.

not the last time we were mistaken for a cute little family!


Washington monument.

Heaton photobombed this couple taking their selfie pic. at the WWII memorial.

WWII memorial.


Vietnam memorial.

can you spot Heat?

Lincoln memorial.


very busy at the Lincoln memorial!

Korean War memorial.

Korean War memorial.

Martin Luther King Jr. memorial.

Roosevelt memorial.

Jefferson memorial.

at the zoo.


another Cassowary in honor of Nate.

We had a fun time and were glad he got/wanted to come hang out with us!

Heaton's flight out of DC left at 7:30am which meant we needed to leave home by 5am to get to the airport on time. Nate had an interview the same morning at 10am. I gave him the option of taking Heaton to the airport or staying with Spencer, he picked staying with Spence. Heat and I got up and got ready and Nate and Spencer were both asleep. A half hour into the drive Nate text me saying 'as soon as the door closed behind you he started crying and hasn't stopped since.' And apparently he cried the whole time I was gone...that rotten baby! Because as soon as I got home it was cease crying and straight back to sleep (nursing of course). 

That same morning I had to be to the church at 11am to help set up for the Women's broadcast at the next day. My friend asked if I was sad that my brother left and although I was a little sad, I was also a bit relieved, it was hard work just going and going and going everyday and especially the days where it was just me taking care of Spence. I was definitely glad for a day to just sit and home and recoup!

No comments:

Post a Comment