Heaton's visit- Gettysburg.

March 22, 2014
On Saturday, Nate had to work at 9am so we had all day to check out Gettysburg.
We went to the museum and after talking to the presenter there, the cyclorama is definitely my favorite.
Too bad my camera doesn't take super great pictures in the dim lights.


As we were leaving the cyclorama and entering the museum a man stopped us and asked us where we were from and if we went to BYU. We told him our brother did and he told us he was there touring with a group of professors from BYU. I thought it was awesome that he could tell we were mormon. Then I figured he probably had seen my garments since I was nursing my baby at the beginning (I guess I haven't mastered the blanket covering).

you can't tell but that is Abraham Lincoln being carried to a first aid tent.
he was painted in to represent the wounded union.


Heaton testing the slave shackles.

Heaton taught me that the P in 'marine corps' is silent.
He then proceeded to make fun of me the rest of the day.

 









After the museum we did the driving tour of the battlefield but it was windy and we had a crying baby so we didn't actually get out at many stops. But I did make Heat get out and climb to the top of the Pennsylvania monument, I thought that one was cool.

the black speck at the base of the dome is him.

No comments:

Post a Comment