Spencer's baby blessing- Trip to Boise-the final segment.

January 19, 2014
     The whole purpose for our trip to Boise was for one purpose, (besides eating maple bars and seeing our family) to have Spencer's baby blessing! I just really wanted family standing in that circle and Nate and I could think of 1, maybe 2 people we would have wanted if we did in Waynesboro. In Boise we had Nate, his dad and brother Aaron, my dad, my brother in law and my brother. Pretty powerful circle I thought.
     I had been asking Nate for weeks in advance if he was nervous and he kept saying "not yet." Which surprised me because if there's one thing I love about him it's his tender, emotional side (it's safe to say he cries as much if not more than me :) and I love him for it). That morning I asked him if he was nervous and he said maybe a little but not too bad. I was mostly nervous that our Spencer-baby wouldn't cooperate and would scream the whole time, which almost happened.
     Spence pretty much cried up until sacrament started and thankfully fell asleep shortly thereafter. As we sat down I leaned over to Nate and said, "I haven't been this emotional since I gave birth!" my eyes were already beginning to water. Apparently that was something I was NOT supposed to say.
     The blessing went perfectly and I had my other little brother help me write down the things Nate said because I knew I wouldn't get everything. Nate gave a very sweet blessing to our boy and we both cried through it all (my fault, I made him cry because I told him I was emotional). Nate blessed him that he would be a man of faith, he would be an example to his peers and brothers & sisters, he was blessed that he would seek after knowledge and have a desire to learn. It was such a perfect blessing for our boy, short and so sweet.
     Afterward, Nate told me he was doing just fine until I told him I was teary eyed and feeling emotional, he said that did him in and there was no way he was going to keep from crying after that comment. Sorry Nate, I didn't mean to affect you, I just wanted you to know how I was feeling! I got a little flack from everyone for that, I know better for next time.
     My only regret from the day, I wish I would have thought to get pictures!! We took one of our little family but I wish we had got one with my parents and Nate's parents. And especially one with Spencer, Nate, and Ken...but things were so crazy once we got home from church that it didn't even cross my mind or anyone else's I guess.
these boys are my best friends and I love them!

1 comment: