Oma comes to Waynesboro.

November 25- December 4 my mom was in town and it was awesome!!
     When she originally mentioned coming out here we decided she better come closer to 2 weeks after my due date so that there was a better chance of baby adventure being here (we were both pretty sure I was going to go over my due date...how naive of us!)
     We had planned to have Nate pick her up since I wasn't sure how our week old baby would do in the car for 3+ hours driving to and from the airport, but something exciting happened Monday morning that changed my mind...our heater broke!! I remember waking up about 5am and being freezing!! Nate had a meeting to go to early and when he got back around 10am I told him I was still freezing! He went around and checked all the heaters and sure enough, NONE of them was working! So he called the landlords who said they'd send people over immediately so somebody needed to be there, me. Nate had a few errands he had to run so me and Spencey stayed in bed with my electric blanket on until 1pm when ALL the power was cut!! I still hadn't had anyone stop by to fill us in or check things out and I was getting really annoyed wondering if our heat was getting fixed or not. I just kept bundling Spencer and making sure he was warm enough, luckily he didn't even notice and mostly slept the whole time. Anyway, we finally heard the heat in our whole building was out and they were working on fixing it. Nate was supposed to leave around 3pm to pick up my mom and as it was getting closer and we still had no heat, I decided me and Spence were going to go too because I was freezing and didn't know when we'd have heat again!
     Of course our power and heat started working right before we had to leave! But we decided to still go and Spencer actually did really well! I brought my pump and pumped on the way there so he wouldn't be too starved. He only had a minor blowout on the way home, and silly inexperienced mom hadn't thought to pack an extra outfit so he wore poop stained jammies home. :)
     While my mom was here we spent some time visiting quilt stores and thrift stores, cooking for Thanksgiving, cooking for us, and we even went to Gettysburg one day. My mom spent a lot of time cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, and babysitting, oh and making snowflakes for our tree! It was SOOO nice and helpful having her here too! We really appreciated all the help she gave us and I'm still trying to get used to doing all that myself now! I had sure missed her and had fun just spending time with her. We can't wait for an opportunity to move back closer to our families.
     Most of the pix from her trip ended up on her camera, but here's the few I did take...and yes, I still look pregnant.
at the Gettysburg museum...this pic was for Nate with the guns and bullets.

what a cute baby! and he did so good at the museum!

cannonballs in Gettysburg.

dad and Spencer.

my mom brought me some jammies to match her.

spending time with Oma.

dad and baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment