Christmas Eve & Christmas day.

     This year Nate had to work on Christmas day so we decided to have our big dinner on Christmas eve. Nate has become quite the chef (always has been) since Spencer was born. I get halfway through making or doing something when the baby starts crying and Nate has to take over. Christmas was no different. I got halfway through making 2 pumpkin pies (thanks for the crusts mom!) and Nate had to finish. I think he even had to make the whole peanut butter chocolate himself, he just had to keep coming to ask me if it looked right. He made ham, mashed potatoes (I peeled and cut them is all) and green bean casserole. And I got to help make 'pink stuff'. And just to brag about him a little more, on Monday he made 3 batches of cookies for us to gift to people; chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, and hershey;s kiss cookies. What a stud! And it was all amazing!
     We went for a walk afterward and even though we were bundled up it was freezing so we didn't last long! We came home and just relaxed and watched parts of a couple Christmas movies on tv. Then we opened a couple presents because I wanted Nate to wear his to bed! He wore his Santa jammies for a few hours but then decided they were too hot to wear to bed.
     Christmas day was very low key for us this year which we didn't mind at all. We opened a few presents, ate our leftovers and then Nate went to work. We were spoiled by both our families and are so thankful to all of them for even thinking of us, we missed all of them but enjoyed a nice little Christmas with our little family.

Excuse how gross we are in the following pictures:
sleepy Spence.

the chef and his meal, minus 3 pies.

wishing his parents a merry christmas :)

SANTA!


just wanted to show off our cute baby.









     We are so grateful to have such generous families! Thank you to all of you, we love you!

1 comment:

  1. In the 3rd pic from the bottom is Nate trying to do the same crazy eyes as in the pic of Spence you sent me? Like father like son. Also, sometimes I look at pix of you an Spence and think, 'hey, she's got my baby.' So, don't be surprised if I try to steal him when you come home. (until he won't stop crying). Also, can you send Nate here to cook for me?

    ReplyDelete