Mr. Ed's Elephant Museum.

October 29, 2013

    I was dying to just get out of the house on Tuesday so I told Nate to just get in the car and drive! We had no idea where we were going so we just headed towards Gettysburg. When we were just about there we saw a huge billboard for Mr. Ed's Elephant Museum. Surprisingly, I had actually heard of this place and somehow knew there was a candy store connected to it so I was all in for stopping by, especially when I saw the ad for homemade fudge ;)
     We had no idea what to expect and I wondered if we were maybe going to be the weirdo's there without any kids, but there was an older couple and a few other stragglers that made me feel not so bad for being a grown adult loving the candy store! They had all the usual candy and a some unique stuff as well. We ended up buying a bag of peach rings which were WAY better than any gas station one's I've ever had, some gummy watermelon bites, and my favorite...FUDGE!!! And it was delicious! Nate had a pumpkin fudge and I think mine was called tiger stripes? it was chocolate and peanut butter so it was right up my alley!
     We then walked through the "elephant museum" which was just a big room full of all things elephant. From mini porcelain statues to a giant dumbo, to stuffed animals. I guess there's more than 12,000 elephants in that room! It was crazy, no wonder Mr. Ed had to open a shop, where in the world would you keep 12,000 elephants!
Nate in the museum.

     Even outside was decorated like crazy. There were gardens you could walk through and they had all kinds of lawn ornaments and such, it was nuts. I also liked that they had all their Halloween decorations out so it was even more decorated. Oh, and we got free pumpkins! It was a funny place but kinda neat, I definitely want to go back and get more fudge!!
one of the gardens.

the elephant at the koi pond.

this is a terrible picture (blame my photographer) but I liked these little seats!

more of the gardens...it was huge and went on forever!

and I of course thought this was hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment