1 year down.

 October 20, 2013
     Our 1 year anniversary came and went! It was pretty uneventful but we are happy to be able to say we have been married for a year now! Our actual anniversary fell on Sunday so we knew there was going to be no big celebration. And Nate worked from 9am-11:30pm the Saturday before. AND he only got home from Idaho at 1am Saturday morning. So there was not much time for anything special. However I did at least TRY to do something a little nice for him (it failed...twice).
     Nate and I's first date was at the Cheesecake Factory and we love their cheesecake! We don't get to enjoy it much since the closest one is now 80 some odd miles away in Baltimore. Well Nate's plane was supposed to land in Baltimore at 11:30pm so I planned it all out and left a little early in order to be able to stop at the Cheesecake Factory and pick us up a slice of pie! Unfortunately, I should have researched a little more because I never could find the darn restaurant!! I drove around the parking lot it was supposed to be in for half an hour until Nate texted me that he had landed and was just waiting for his bag. So I gave up :( He luckily didn't seem as disappointed as I was and its the thought that counts right? 
     So on Saturday while he was at work I thought, I'll at least go buy him a package of Oreo's because they're his favorite and I haven't let him get any in forever. I even went so far as to buy the family size. And once I got home I realized I bought the double stuf kind that he doesn't like!! Fail #2! So I attempted to make Oreo cake balls, which were alright. Not my favorite and they sure didn't look pretty but he ate them so he must have liked them ok, right??
     Nate made my favorite pancakes for breakfast and even did the dishes. He wants credit for lunch and dinner as well, but they were not anything fancy :) 
     It's been a crazy, fun, eventful year with Nate! I've heard people say the first year of marriage is the hardest and as of right now I disagree, but we'll see how I feel after the next year...
     1 year highlights include:
- honeymooning to Florida and the Bahamas!
- Nate had surgery on his foot and was on crutches for our wedding reception.
- driving across the country.
- moving to the podunk town that is Waynesboro. PA.
- explored Washington DC a bit.
- got pregnant.
- made some good friends here fell in love with the ward.
- Nate didn't fight fires for the first time in 7 years!
- I left Nate for a week to spend time with my sister and family in Florida.
- my little brother got home from his mission and finally got to meet Nate.
- Nate left me twice to hang out with my family in Idaho.
- we are hoping to move back across the country.
     The only thing we missed this anniversary is Nightmare on 13th in Salt Lake. We went the Halloween we met, and again right after we were married...we will have to find a new haunted house or something similar out here!

1 comment: