The great cookie debacle.

I had the great intention of making cookies for a family in our ward because the mom was SUPER generous and gave us a TON of baby clothes. Like a TON. Adventure doesn't need anymore clothes for like at least 6 months.
Like I said, TONS of clothes. All from her!

So I went about making a batch of chocolate chip cookies (which I have done a billion times before without issue). Burned the heck out of the first 2 batches I put in the oven, even with a timer...pregnancy brain at its finest. And then something weird happened. The cookies were rock hard and would NOT come off the pan. I had to chip away at the next dozen to come out of the oven. So those were broken into a million pieces. My final dozen in the oven came out looking half decent so I saved those.
Then I started again with a whole new batch of dough. This time I did things a little different. First dozen, you guessed it, I burned them! So the next batch in the oven I was very careful to watch and time. 10 minutes late I pull them out of the oven and they had completely melted into each other and become one giant pan of cookie!!! I was soooo frustrated! So I went ahead and added like 2 more cups of flour because that was clearly the problem. The next 2 batches came out much fluffier and solid, but still hard. At least I had enough to take to the family...but super obnoxious and I don't think I'll be making anymore cookies anytime soon!!
proof of my burned, wadded up disasters of baking!



Where was Nate when I needed him?!

No comments:

Post a Comment