Quarter of a century.

July 13, 2013

My 25th birthday! Although I kept forgetting all day that it was in fact, my birthday. It of course fell on a Saturday so Nate was at work all day. In the 2 years we have been together we have yet to spend my actual birthday together, ha. I did absolutely nothing spectacular. But I got lots of texts and calls which were very much appreciated. I was especially impressed that Nate's family knew/remembered my birthday. That made me very happy!
My mother in law also sent a package that made it right on my birthday which was great timing! She sent the cutest receiving blankets for our boy and I love them! I was so excited, they are adorable. That was the highlight. I do love baby stuff, even though Nate and I have yet to actually purchase anything for our little guy (we'll see just how long we can avoid that) we have a lot of stuff thanks to our families, and I LOVE going through it and organizing it over and over:)
Adventure is already a very loved little boy.
Such cute blankets!!

On Sunday, in celebration of my birthday Nate made my favorite cake red velvet with cream cheese frosting. He even went above and beyond and made it layered (because he knew I'd get more frosting that way). I was very impressed. My favorite part was when he was making the frosting. He was doing such a great job and I look over as he's pouring granulated sugar into the mixing bowl. I casually said "you know you're supposed to be using powdered sugar, right?" It was actually super funny and the frosting still turned out delicious, it just had a little crunch to it.
delicious!

Not that we needed more sugar...this was the dessert I made earlier in the week
chocolate pudding, cool whip, peanut butter, oreos, and reeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment