1st Doctor visit.

Today was our first prenatal appointment! Until now I have been in a little bit of denial that I am actually pregnant (not a negative thing, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my brain around that fact that we are going to have a baby pretty darn soon!).
I was seen by a midwife which was neat and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat!! It was so surreal and Nate and I were both holding back tears...we are wimps!!!!
The midwife agreed that I am 11 1/2 weeks. She said they usually do 2 1st trimester apts but since I was already almost done with my 1st and she didn't want to make me come back next week, that they would just do all my bloodwork tests this appointment, I appreciated that even though I do not love being poked with needles.
I really liked the staff, and especially liked when they realized Steve was my dad and NOT my husband:)
Our next appointment is May 28 and we will see an MD and I THINK get an ultrasound? They didn't specify that part but I am excited for that appointment because the doctor will hopefully put some of my kidney worries to rest so Nate and I can both relax a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment