This year.

This year has not started off as well as Nate and I would have liked. Last Wednesday I was informed that my job was making cutbacks, and since I was the newest employee I was out.
I was pretty bummed, I LOVE what I do there! I love all of my night students! I will really miss them!
My boss has been beyond awesome though. She was WAY bummed and fought for me to stay and is now doing me a huge favor of letting me still work a couple of hours a week, which I totally appreciate. So with that out of the way, Nate and I are pretty much not tied to Utah anymore and ready to go wherever the world takes us!

In other news, something funny happened today. Nate was waiting for me when I came out of relief society today, he said "I heard a rumor about you today." I was beyond confused seeing as I don't know a single person in our ward and he knows...2.
He was sitting in priesthood in front of 2 older gentlemen, when he started eavesdropping on their conversation. They were talking about some lady who was pregnant with twins and how exciting that was so he started listening harder. They finally tapped him on the shoulder and asked "Brother Moeller, we heard your wife was expecting twins, is this true?"
He looked around to make sure they were really talking to him, then laughed out a "no."
Apparently they were really disappointed too.
I have no idea where this rumor originated, but it is definitely false, sorry parents.
Not pregnant...apparently just fat:)

Nate's foot is finally starting to improve. He has played basketball with guys from our ward for the last two Wednesday's and Saturday's. They aren't very good and Nate (who's never played basketball) is by far  the tallest on the team.
In their first game they were losing soundly. They were the closest they had been all game and were still down 12 points. Nate got his 5th foul early in the 4th quarter. One guys teenage kids were sitting by me when this happened. The boy exclaimed "What?! He can't foul out, he's the tallest guy on our team! Now what are we gonna do?!" He was really bummed! It was pretty funny since they were not doing so hot the whole game. 

I decided to try my hand at sewing since I know have just about everything I need (I realized it might be a little easier and look better if I had an iron though).
Just last night I successfully made a rice heating pad all on my own with no direction! I was pretty impressed and Nate used it on his aching back all night long.

That pretty much sums up our month and year! We are ready for February and hoping that it will bring some much better news!
P.S. Today we have officially been married for 3 months, a quarter of a year! It's gone by so fast and yet feels like so much longer! We're still enjoying each other(although that could quickly change with us both being home all day every day!) and having fun experiencing all our "firsts" as a married couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment