Sew crafty.

Over the past few days I have been trying my hand at sewing and it turns out I actually enjoy it!
I still can't cut straight, which means I can't iron straight, which means I cant sew straight, so that's a slight problem but I'm working on it.
We have had the same pillows on our couch since the beginning of December. They are Chrsitmas-y. But 1- we don't have a place to store them, and 2- we like having some decor. So I took on the challenge of making removable envelope pillow covers for them. I read up on, and watched a youtube video and then tried my hand at it. I think they turned out alright and they at least don't look Christmas-y so I think that's an improvement.
Ever since making them I've just had an itch to try something else.
But my options have been limited.
Half the fabric I have is Christmas.
And I also don't want to make a ton of useless stuff.
So finally I just started cutting and sewing.
No pattern, no help, no real idea where I was going with this.
And so far I think it's turned out great!
I'm thinking its going to end up being a table runner? But like I said, there was no real thought process it just sort of happened.
I just wanted to brag for a second...this came out of MY brain!

1 comment:

  1. XOXOXO came out of your brain? :) Actually, 'XOXO' reminds me of Gma a little, and I'm assuming thats her fabric so it seems totally fitting. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete